MCRC board meeting.
All club members are welcome to attend.
Have a healthy breakfast, Ham is not on the menu.
Responsibilities of the Fox. The Fox Must:
1. Be an MCRC member, or hide with the MCRC member who gets club license.
2. Use common sense to avoid placing anyone at risk.
3. Locate within a 20 mile radius of the Wyandotte Repeater for day hunts.
4. Locate on public property or in a place accessible to the general public during hunt. Make sure teams are able to arrive at Fox’s Hideout without violating Hunter’s responsibility Rule no. 7.
5. Locate where no admission charge or payment of any kind is necessary in order to access the Fox's Hideout.
6. Get permission from owners of property or local officials.
7. Notify police of your intention to locate Fox's Hideout in their jurisdiction.
8. Transmit on input frequency of the Wyandotte Repeater, 147.840 MHz.
9. Transmit one minute on; one minute off.
10. Monitor the Wyandotte Repeater for emergency or other traffic between transmissions.
11. Determine that transmissions constantly hold the Wyandotte Repeater. The power level and antenna pattern of Fox's signal may be varied as long as they remain uninterrupted on repeater output.
12. See to it that the Fox's signals are transmitted from within the same 100 foot diameter circle.
13. Observe Fox Hunt Time Limits: 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
14. Arrange for distribution at starting point of envelopes with maps to Fox's Hideout enclosed.
15. Obtain W8MRM License from MCRC Trustee and the permission to use club call during the hunt.
16. Record arrival time as soon as hunter finds the fox. Record odometer mileage of successful hunters specified location and notes their arrival position. Then send them to a prearranged location, so as to not give away the fox's location.
Objective: For stations in the United States and Canada (including territories and possessions) to exchange QSO information with as many other US and Canadian stations as possible on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands.
Event runs from 2100 UTC Saturday, Nov. 3rd. thru 0259 UTC Monday, Nov. 5th.
Items to bring with you:
Although not mandatory, we strongly recommend you pre-register for your FRN number at: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls to avoid using your Social Security number on the NCVEC QUICK-FORM 605.
CW Sportsmen’s Grill
(Formally Sportsmen's Den)
15001 Sibley Rd.
Riverview, MI 48193
Dinner choices include:
All dinners include:
Adult beverages can be ordered from the wait staff on a cash basis.
Cost is $22.00 per person
Event runs from 2100 UTC Saturday, Nov. 17th. thru 0259 UTC Monday, Nov. 19th.
Topic: Christmas Celebration
Please arrive at 10:00 am. Testing will begin after paperwork is completed and we should be finished by 12 Noon.
To find out how to obtain an official FCC license copy, click on the link below:
Obtain License Copy 2015.pdf
Contact: Woody Kirkman - VE Liaison
MCRC Picnic Elizabeth Park Saturday - 13:00 Hrs. -
Look for the antennas.
****For the picnic bring a dish to pass****
**** plus your main dish****
Topic: Officer Nominations
Cost and Location
to be determined.