It’s MGST Time Again!
We have once again been asked to provide communications in support of the 33rd Annual Metro Grand Spring Tour. The ride will be on Sunday, May 1, 2016 and starts at the Willow Metropark at 7 AM. We usually cover about 15 checkpoints along the route. If you are interested in signing up, please go to the club website, see me at the March or April meeting or you can contact me via email or phone. All help will be greatly appreciated. Don’t forget we get a free pancake breakfast provided by Chris Cakes at the Erie Metropark in Rockwood until 1 PM. (Park entrance fee applies.) Below, I have included some information on what we do and what you need to bring.
What to Bring:
- An automobile (each person needs transportation unless working together)
- Radio capable of 5 Watt output. Higher power Mobile Rig preferred
- Antenna capable of reaching the Wyandotte Repeater
- Notepad and pen/pencil to record messages
- Bag lunch (Some assignment are a long distance from where one can purchase food and we cannot substitute for you while you are looking for a place to eat)
- Comfortable chair (optional)
- Cell phone for back up communications with the NCS
- Tire Pump with dual fittings (Optional)
Net Control Station will be located at the Willow Metropark swimming pool area
- 6:30 AM a few to help put up the antenna and MCRC banner.
- 6:45 AM report for assignments if you have not already received them by other means such as email or US mail.
- Be aware there is a $10.00 daily park admission fee good for all Metroparks. Annual passes are $21.00 for seniors.
You will receive:
- Checkpoint assignment
- MGST T-Shirt
Breakfast at Lake Erie Metropark starts at 8 AM. I will attempt to assign operators to their checkpoint in such a way that those locations at the extreme distances on the routes can go to the breakfast prior to reporting to their checkpoint. The relief operators, providing we have any, will replace others in turn for breakfast.
N8MWQ@comcast.net Cell Phone: 734-818-0484